I - for curry/gravy
Shallots / Small onions - 10 nos (chopped finely)
Garlic cloves - 10 - 12
Turmeric powder - 2 pinch
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Jaggery - small piece (as shown in picture)
Gingely Oil - 1 tbsp
II - To grind to coarse paste
Curry leaves - 1/2 cup (tightly packed)
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urud dal - 1 tsp
Channa dal - 1 tsp
Toor dal - 1.5 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli - 2
|Curry leaves gravy|
10. Serve the tasty and yummy kuveppillai kuzhambu with plain rice.
1. Always use fresh curry leaves for this kuzhambu.
2. There should not be any raw curry leaves smell, so boil the kuzhambu nicely by adding enough water.
3. If you have sambar powder, use it instead of coriander powder and chilli powder.
4. This kuzhambu can be kept for 4 to 5 days in fridge.