Thalu is a offering/padayal for Lord Venkateshwara. The Purattasi month starts last week and it is a famous month for Lord Venkatesh and especially the Saturdays. So last Saturday, the first Saturday of the month of purattasi, we did pooja and in that Thalu is a Special one. Its lika a cocktail – a mixture of all fruits, rice, vadai, payasam, Poriyal, sambar, curd etc…. It tastes heavenly and I simply love it from my childhood days.
- Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Fruits – Apple, Banana, Orange, Grapes, Guava ( you can add as your wish) - Cut the fruits into small pieces.
- Payasam – ¼ cup
- Vadai’s – 4 (cut them into small pieces)
- Sambar- ½ cup
- Any poriyal – 4 tsp ( I used Okra fry – since we cooked that day)
- Curd – 1 cup
- Mix well all the ingredients in the Plate or Banana Leaf.
- Thalu is ready and Serve it.