- Vegetables - 3 cups (Carrot, Beans, Cauliflower, Beetroot, Peas, Corn, Potato, Cabbage) all cut into small pieces
- Briyani Rice - 3 cups
- Water - 5 cups
- Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom - 3
- Star anise - 4
- Cloves - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 stick (crushed)
- Brinji leaf - 1
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1.5 tsp
- Green chillies - 3
- Onion - 2 (cut lengthwise0
- Tomato - 2 (chopped finely)
- Mint leaves - 1 cup
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1.5 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Ghee - 4 tsp
- Wash and Soak the rice for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add Oil in the cooker and add the spices and fry them.
- Add the onion, green chillies and ginger garlic paste.
- When onion becomes translucent, add the tomato, coriander leaves( keep few leaves for garnishing), mint leaves and saute till tomato becomes soft.
- Add the Vegetables and 1/2 cup water, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and allow to cook till the water evaporates.
- Now add the 2 tsp ghee and rice and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining water and garam masala powder.
- Check for the seasoning and when the water starts boiling, close the lid and whistle.
- Wait for 6 whistles and switch off the stove.
- When the pressure goes down, open the lid and add the remaining 2 tsp ghee and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
The vegetable briyani goes to the following beautiful events
1. Festive rice event by akheela
2. Color your palate - A visual treat by Sanyuktha
3. Healing food: Beets hosted by priya
This Vegetable Briyani with Brinjal Munchurian goes to the following wonderful event
Combo meal event by chaitrali