- Raw rice - 2 cups
- Moong Dhall - 1/2 cup
- Jaggery - 1/4 kg
- Milk - 2 cup
- Cashews - 10 to 12
- Raisins - 10 to 12
- Ghee - 6 to 8 tsp
- Cardamom - 5 to 6 (crushed)
- Water - 3 cups
- Salt - a pinch
- In the Pressure cooker, add the raw rice (pachcharisi), moong dhall, water, milk and a pinch of salt and cook it. ( Nearly 6 to 7 whistles - approx - 10 to 12 min) (this timing is for my cooker, please keep the timing according to your cooker)
- Meanwhile, fry the raisins and cashews in ghee and keep it aside.
- Now in another pan, add the jaggery and 1/2 cup water to melt the jaggery. ( do not make it to too thick liquid)
- Open the cooker, mix the rice and dhall well.
- While mixing, add the jaggery liquid.
- Also add the crushed cardamom, fried raisins and cashews and ghee and mix thoroughly.
- Chakkarai Pongal/Sweet Pongal is ready to serve.
This recipe goes the following beautiful events...
1. My event - Dish Name Starts with C