I am very much impressed by the almond sweet recipe by sridevi of Jiboomba. She has a fantastic blog with variety of recipes. Do visit her's for the wonderful recipes. I could not resist or postpone trying it. Though i could not get the red color, it really tastes awesome. Here goes the recipe.
- Almonds - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup (Can be adjusted according to your taste)
- Powdered sugar/Icing sugar - 3 to 5 tsp
- Milk - 3/4th cup
- Red Colour - 1 to 2 pinch
- Green Colour - less than a pinch
- Ghee - 2 to 3 tsp (as needed)
- Soak the almonds overnight or 2 hrs in hot water.
- Peel the skin and grind in the blender to a smooth paste by adding milk.
- In a wide pan, add the almond paste, sugar and stir well, so that water content evoporates.
- When the paste becomes thick, add the red colour and before adding save a 2 to 3 tsp of paste to mix the green colour.
- Let the paste cool down and after cooling, make into small ball shapes by adding ghee in your palm while rolling it.
- Now roll over the balls on the powdered sugar.
- Now with the green coloured paste, shape it into leaves or stem and arrange correctly on top of the balls.
- Almond sweet is ready to be served.