- Moong dal/Split green gram - 2 cups
- Cardamom - 4 pieces
- Powdered sugar - 2 cups
- Ghee - 1 cup
- Cashews - 1/2 cup
- Dry fry the moong dal till nice aroma comes.
- Transfer it to mixer/food processor, along with cardamom and grind to a find powder.
- Sieve it one or more time.
- Meanwhile, in a wok, add 1/2 tsp ghee and fry the cashews and make into small pieces.
- In a big plate, add the powdered dal, sugar, and cashews and mix it.
- Heat the ghee and when it is hot, pour to the mix little by little.
- Start making round shaped balls/urundais.
- If the ghee is too hot, just dust the balls with the dal flour and make tight balls.
- Allow to rest for 1 hr.
- Store in a airtight container.
- You can use normal sugar and using mixer grinder/food processor, grind to fine powder.