- Wheat flour - 2 cup
- Cumin seeds/jeera - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp (adjusted according to taste)
- Asafoetida - 2 pinches
- Rice flour - 2 tsp
- Bicarbonate of soda - 1/5 tsp
- Salt - as per paste
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Oil - for frying
- Add all the ingredients except oil in a vessel.
- Add just 2 tsp oil to it.
- Make a soft dough and leave the dough for 15 min.
- Take small portion of the dough and roll like a chappathi.
- Cut into diamond shapes.
- Heat oil in a kadai in medium heat.
- Fry the galagala in batches and when they are slightly brown, remove from oil.
- Store in a airtight container.
- Wheat flour, can be replaced by All purpose flour/maida.
This goes to following events
Lets Party - Fest Celebration Event hosted by Preeti's kitchen life and Surabhi's My cookbook
Kids Delight - Healthy makeover by rasi and valli
Diwali Bash @ cooks joy
Celebrate Navrathri/Diwali @ Simply food and by Jagruthi
Give me some snacks by Pari
My Diwali Basket @ thaushaltcook
Bon Viviant - Festive feast @ Sumee's Culinary bites
WTML by Preeti and Gayathri
EP Series by Julie and Divya
CWF - Whole wheat flour by @Nivedhanam and kiran