- Basmati Rice - 3 cups
- Water - 4.5 cups + 1/4th cup
- Mint leaves - 1 bunch
- Coriander leaves - a handful
- Onion - 1 big (cut lenthwise)
- Green Chillies - 4
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Oil - 3tsp
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 crushed
- Star anise - 2
- Bayleaves - 1 (crushed)
- Fennel Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Cloves - 3 to 4
- Cardamom - 1
- Soak the rice for 20 to 30 min.
- Wash the Mint leaves.
- In a mixer grinder/food processor, add the mint leaves and green chilies and with little water (1/4th cup), make a paste.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and the ingredients under Temper, one by one and fry for a min.
- Add the Onion and fry till translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the mint paste and salt and cook for 5 min approx.
- Add the soaked rice and water.
- When the water starts boiling, close the cooker lid (no need to put weight), and keep in low flame.
- After 10 to 12 min, slowly open the lid and add the ghee.
- Switch off the flame.
- Mix gently and again close for another 5 min.
- Serve hot with raita.
This goes to my event
Dish Name Starts with P
60 days to christmas