How to make Poosanikai kootuPreparation time: 20 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Serves: 4
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Poosanikkai / White pumpkin - 300 gms
- Bengal gram / Kadalai paruppu - 4 tsp (1/2 cup)
- Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Green chillies - 2
- Cumin seeds / Jeera - 2 tsp
- Rice - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Red chilli - 1
1. Soak the rice for 30 min.
2. Cook the bengal gram separately till it becomes soft and keep aside.
4. In a wok or kadai or a vessel, add the ash gourd, turmeric powder, a pinch of salt and water just to cover the vegetables. Cover and cook it.
1. You can reduce the quantity of Bengal gram to half and add the moong dal.
2. While doing the seasoning or thalippu, you can add the finely chopped small onion and fry and can be added to the vegetables.
You can also look at