Podi Oothappam / Podi uthappam is one of the simple variety of oothappam which we can for a change. This oothappam I first had in vasantha bhavan in Tambaram and liked it. After that I completely forgot that. Two weeks back, when I checked my Idli milagai podi, I found its crispiness has gone and when I was thinking what to do with the old podi, got the idea of making the podi oothappam and it turned out pretty good. So here is the very simple recipe of Podi Oothappam.
Apple Beetroot and Carrot Juice aka ABC juice is a juice which I started to like 3 months before. Yes just 3 months before only. I really don't have idea that beet root can be used in the juice. In my office canteen, they opened a new juice shop and in the juices list, they mentioned ABC juice. Wondering what it could be, enquired the shopper and she said it is Apple Beetroot and Carrot juice. I just ordered with a doubt how it might taste and to my surprise, I loved the juice in the first sip itself. From that time, I used to order this juice without sugar and ice. I really love it without sugar and ice. They have a big juice extractor to prepare this ABC juice. Since i do not have it at home, I used my regular mixer grinder to do this, by adding little water and filtering it. Though the outcome was not same like the canteen juice, still I loved it. (Soon will buy the juice extractor... he he he). If you have the juice extractor, never miss to try this juice.
The health benefits of apple are, it reduces the risk of lung cancer, colon cancer and decreases the white fat, obesity, glucose intolerance and fatty liver diseases. It is good source of dietary fiber and vitamin c.
The health benefits of beetroot are, it protects again liver disease, lowers the blood pressure, increases the blood flow, good for diabetic patients.
Health benefits of carrots, everybody knows that it is a good source of β-carotene, which are metabolised into vitamin A in humans, that helps to improve the poor vision. Besides that, they are rich in antioxidants, and minerals and are used to treat the digestive problems, constipation.
I have created a recipe Index for the Non-Vegetarian Recipes. Soon would be doing for the Veg Recipes too. You can go through the list of recipes in this blog. Hope it would be easy for you to search your favorites recipes.
Chicken Gravy - This is a simple chicken gravy which is my moms special. Everyone's first Guru in cooking would be their mother only. I always love my mom's chicken gravy very much, as this is not only tasty one but also, very easy one to prepare. This is my first chicken dish, which I learnt from my mother after the marriage (before I only know to eat... he he he....). So newly married bride and bachelors can try this recipe easily. So lets see how to make this chicken gravy / madras chicken gravy.
Chicken - 1/2 kg
Sunflower Oil - 3 tsp
Cinnamon stick - 1 to 2 inch crushed
Cloves - few
Star anise - few
Cardamom - 1
Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
Onion - 1 big - chopped nicely
Tomato - 2 medium sized
Chilli powder - 1.5 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp ( or as per taste)
Coconut milk - 2 tbsp
Gingelly oil - 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves - few
1. Wash the chicken with salt and keep aside.
2. In a kadai, add sunflower oil. When it is hot, add the spices, cinnamon stick, cardamom, star anise, cloves, fennel seeds. Fry them a little.
3. Add the finely chopped onions and fry them till translucent.
4. Add the tomatoes now and saute them.
5. When the onion and tomatoes becomes soft, transfer half the content of the onion - tomato mixture to another bowl and allow it to cool down.
6. To the remaining mixture in the kadai, add the chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, turmeric powder and mix it well to make a masala.
7. Now add the chicken pieces and coat them well with the masala. Allow to cook them in low flame.
8. Now when the remaining other half of the onion tomato mixture cools down, transfer it to the blender and grind to a smooth paste.
9. Now mix them ground paste to the chicken and mix them well. Add little water. ( Do not add more, as the chicken tends to leave water while cooking ).
10. Add little coriander at this stage, so that the flavor gets mixed with chicken.
11. Now close the chicken with a lid or plate and cook for 10 min.
12. After 10 min, check the gravy has become thick and that, the oil leaves from the sides.
13. Now add the coconut milk and mix it. (optional)
14. Add gingelly oil and mix them.
15. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve them.
16. Yummy and simple chicken gravy is ready.
Have added my first video
Delicious chicken gravy / Chicken curry is ready to be eaten with rice or chappathi.
Very simple rules to follow...
--> The dish name must start with W
--> any no. of archived and new entries accepted
--> link the post to the announcement page
--> try to use the logo
--> attach the photo or url in the mail - entries without this, will not be accepted
--> Grace period of extra 5 days would be given, before the roundup...
--> This time, I have decided to give some giveaway to one of the participants.... The giveaway is not a sponsored one.
--> To win the giveaway, participants need to be followers of my facebook page and blogger.
send ur entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following
attach photo / photo url
Non-Bloggers can also send their recipes..
After sending your recipe, plz wait for atleast 5 days for your recipe to appear in the roundup...