You can view some rice recipes below
Easy Broccoli Rice in Indian Style
Total Time: 25 min | Serves: 4
Onion - 1 big
Garlic - 6 to 8 cloves chopped finely
Ginger - 1 inch chopped finely
Olive oil - 1/2 tbsp
Ghee - 1/2 tbsp
Urud dal / black gram - 1/2 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cooked rice ( ordinary or basmati ) - 2 cups
Pepper - 1/2 tsp (crushed black pepper)
Green chilli - 1 chopped finely
Salt - as per taste
Water - as needed
1. Wash the broccoli and cut into small pieces. Again wash one more time. In a pan add oil and when hot, add mustard seeds. When it splutters add the Urud dal and cumin seeds.
2. When slightly brown, add the onions and garlic and ginger. Sauté them well. Add the broccoli, green chili and salt. Sprinkle some water.
3. After 3 min, sprinkle some more water, so that broccoli gets cooked, but take care that broccoli should not loose its crunchiness. Add rice and mix them together.
4. Add the ghee and required pepper and mix well.
5. Yummy, healthy and tasty broccoli rice is ready.
4. Adding ghee is optional, but it enhances the flavor.
5. You can use vegetable oil also.