Vaazhaikai Varuval or Raw banana fry is my hubby all time favorite varuval. He always buys this vaazhaikkai and asks me to prepare this. Since I got bored of preparing this, I used to buy vegetables and stopped him from buying this veggie. But can't stop for a long time right.... He he he... He started buying this again and last week prepared the vazhaikkai varuval and captured for this post. Also there are many methods to prepare this veggie and this is the simplest one. Will see the variations for this varuval in the coming posts.
Preparation time: 07 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Serves: 4
Recipe Category: Snacks | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Raw banana/vaazhaikkai- 2
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Water to sprinkle
Salt as per taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 2 pinch
Urud dal - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 spring
1. Wash and remove the edges as shown below.
2. Cut the veggie in thin circles. ( but not so thin)
3. In a bowl mix the chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric, salt and ginger garlic. Sprinkle little water. Mix the raw banana and marinate it for 30 min.
4. In the kadai or vessel, add the oil and when hot add the mustard seeds. When it starts spluttering add the Urud dal and curry leaves. Now add the marinated raw banana and sauté them till they become light brown in color.
5. Serve them as the side dish for Rasam rice.
Easy Vaazhaikkai Varuval is ready.
1. Spiciness can be increased as per your taste buds.