French Toast – I know many people know about this quick and easy break fast. But do you know, when I came to know its name…??? Just last year… you don’t believe it right.. but that is the truth… But I was doing this breakfast without knowing its name for many years… yes.. When I am in my college days, I saw the procedure of doing the French Toast in one of the Hollywood movies and from then, I used to prepare this now and then. But I don’t know its name. Just last year, in office canteen, I told the recipe to my friend Shilpa and she said, its French Toast. So Funny right… From that time, I am planning to prepare this and post… but now only got the time… We will see the eggless version too soon. But now lets see how to prepare the Basic French Toast…
How to make French Toast
Preparation time: 5 min | Cook Time: 03min | Serves:3
Recipe Category: Break fast | Recipe Cuisine: American
- Bread slices – 6 slices
- Milk – 1 cup (150 ml)
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – 1 tsp (optional)
- Butter – 1 to 2 tsp
1. Mix the egg and milk and give a nice stir. Add sugar to this and again give a nice stir.
2. Cut the bread in to triangle (or what ever shape you like) and soak it in the egg-milk mixture just 2 seconds on each side. (Do not soak more than that, as you will get more eggy smell or the bread becomes more mushy).
3. Before soaking the bread, heat the tawa and add little butter. When it is hot, add the soaked bread.
4. Flip the bread on the other side and serve hot with any tomato sauce.
5. Yummy and easy French Toast is ready….