When I first saw Masala Fish Fry recipe from Jay’s Space, I was too tempted to try it out soon and bookmarked long ago. Last sunday I got the opportunity to try it and it was so good. Masala Fish Fry came out simply superb. I prepared this along with the Kerala Style Prawn Roast and Meen Kuzhambu which is the next post. I used King Fish here, but any kind of fleshy fish should work well for this fish fry.
Lets see how to make Masala Fish Fry Recipe
How to make Masala Fish Fry Recipe
Preparation time: 30 min | Cook Time: 20min | Serves:4
Recipe Category: Side Dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Onion – 1
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Cinnamon – small stick
Cloves – 3 to 4
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Black pepper corns – 1/2 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Fish (King fish / Vanjaram Meen) – 4 to 5 pieces
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Oil for frying
1. Take the ingredients under To grind.
2. Grind them to a smooth paste and keep it ready.
3. Wash the fish with salt.
4. Add the ingredients under To marinate and add the lemon juice.
6. Now add the ground paste.
7. Coat them well thoroughly over the fish.
8. Using fork or tooth stick make hole in the fish, so that the masala can enter the flesh of the fish.
9. Let them rest for 30 min.
10. In a Pan, add oil and when hot add the fish pieces and start frying on both the sides.
11. When they turn brown colour and fried nicesly, repeat the process of frying with other fishes and serve hot.
12. Yummy and tasty Masala Fish fry is ready to serve.
Delicious Masala Fish Fry is Ready….