Prawn Vindaloo is a Goan dish and it has gone into my favorite list immediately when I tasted it. This is the first time i am trying out this recipe and came out so so good. All my family members loved this recipe so much. I am not sure, whether the traditional recipe has sugar in it, but I added it in order to reduce the spiciness. I got the recipe from here, but modified slightly according to our taste.
Andhra style prawn fry
Malabar Prawn curry
Prawn roast in kerala style
Garlic Butter Prawns
Onion – 2 finely chopped
Tomato – 1
Vinegar – 2 tbsp
Red chillies – 5 to 6
Black pepper corns – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch (crushed)
Cloves – 5 to 6
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
Curry leaves – 2 springs
Sugar – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/5 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
2. Slightly fry them, adding little oil.
3. Transfer the content to the food processor or mixer. Add the vinegar.
4. Grind to a smooth paste.
5. Add the onions.
6. Again grind to a smooth paste.
7. In a wok or kadai, add the oil. Add the mustard seeds. When it splutters, add the cumin, curry leaves and onion. Fry onions till translucent.
8. Add the chopped tomatoes.
9. Let them cook nicely. After that, add the ground paste.
10. Add the salt and turmeric powder.
11. Add the prawns. Let the prawns cook nicely.
12. Prawn leaves out water. Cook till all water evaporates and oil starts oozing out from the gravy. Add sugar finally. Cook for a min and switch off the stove.
13. Yummy and tasty Prawn Vindaloo is ready.