I. For paruppu urundai
- Kadalai paruppu – 1 cup
- Thuvaram paruppu – ½ cup
- Onion – 2
- Garlic – 5 cloves (cut into small pieces)
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cloves – 5
- Curry leaves – 5 (cut into small pieces)
- Rice flour – ½ tsp
- Dried red chilli – 2
- Salt as required
- Curd/Yogurt – 2 cups
- Green chilli – 4
- Thuvar dhall – 2 tsp
- Raw rice – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Urud dhall -1/2 tsp
- Grated Coconut – 3 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Salt – as per taste
For making the urundai/balls
- Soak the Channa dhal and thoor dhal for 1 to 2 hrs.
- Grind the dhalls and the other ingredients in I to a coarse paste.
- Make it into small balls with out any water. ( if you feel excess water slightly press the balls to squeeze the water out)
- Steam cook the balls in a idli cooker and keep aside.
For making the morkuzhambu
- Soak the Thuvar dhall and rice for 20 mts atleast.
- Grind the thuvar dhall, rice, green chilli, cumin seeds, grated coconut to a coarse paste.
- In a kadai, add oil, urud dhall, curry leaves, coriander leaves.
- When urud dhall becomes brown, add the coarse paste to it.
- Add little amount of water, water and turmeric powder and boil it.
- While boiling add the soar curd and again bring to boil.