- Milk - 1 litre
- Custard Powder - 2tsp
- Apple - 1 cup (chopped or cut into fine pieces)
- Cherry - 1 cup (cut into fine pieces)
- Paneer - 1 cup (grated)
- Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Sugar as required
- In a bowl, Mix the custard powder with 1/2 cup of milk and make a liquid consistency and keep aside.
- Boil the remaining milk.
- When the milk is boiling, add the custard milk from the bowl.
- The boiling milk starts thickening.
- Now add the grated paneer, vanilla essence and sugar.
- When the milk becomes a thick batter like consistency, switch off the stove and allow it to cool. (atleast for 30 mts).
- Now keep in fridge (for 3 hrs atleast - for a chill custard)
- Meanwhile, you can add the chopped apple and cherries and mix it with the custard.
- Before serving, decorate with some cherries and serve cold.
[Mixing panner in milk, i got the idea from Satya in her carrot kulfi and i wanted to try it here and believe it or not, it came really very well. Thanks for your innovative idea dear]
This goes to the following beautiful events
- My event - Dish Name Starts with A (DNS:: A)
- My event - Celebrating Independence Day - 2010 (CID-2010)
- Jay's - Letz Relishh Event: Paneer
- Sanyuktha's - Colour your palate: A Visual Treat
- Pari's - Only event: Kids Delight
- Akeela's - Cold Desserts
- Monthly Mingle: Party treats hosted by Sara and started by Meeta
- Veggie/Fruit a month: Cherry by Ayeesha and Priya