- All Purpose Flour - 2 cups
- Cocoa Powder - 4 tsp
- Sugar - 1 to 1.5 cups
- Unsalted Butter - 1 cup
- Milk - 2 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Baking soda/Bicarbonate of soda - 1/4 - 1.2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
- Mix the butter and sugar in a vessel nicely untill they become fluffy. (the butter must be at room temperature)
- Now to this, add the other ingredients and mix nicely.
- Make them in small round balls and press little bit.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
- Now keep the cookies in tray and bake for 20 to 25 min or just insert a stick in mid of a cookie and take it out and check that nothing sticks to it.
- Serve the hot cookies or save in a air tight container.
Sending this to the following events
My Event - Dish Name Starts with E
Kids Delight - Chocolate Feast by Srivalli
With this i want to share the award sent by Jaleela of SamaiyalAttakaasam and an award for participating in Veggie/Fruit a month - Banana, conducted by Aipi of US masala. There is no need for any introduction to both these ladies, as you know them very well and their wonderful recipes. Thank you ladies for the award. I am honoured.
Then i am tagged by Priya Vaasu of En Veetu Kitchen and Kurinji of Kurinji Kadhambam
What is you take on organic food, is it a big deal for you?
Yes, i go for organic food whenever i find time.
Do you find time your breakfast, lunch 7 dinner or eat when you are hungry?
Never find time to take breakfast now a days. Only lunch and dinner ok.
What inspired you to write a food blog?
After marriage i was very new to cooking and i always call my mother and ask for the ingredients and recipes and used to write what she says in a note book or paper. But it made me bore to try the same dishes everytime. So i started searching the net for any recipes and came across the blogs and also i want to save all my collections together. Like this i started the blog. Though i started a blog by 2007 itself, i could able to continue it. But again started a new one with a new look by 2010 and it is Learning to cook.
You try a new recipe and it does not turn out good. What will you do?
I will not leave it until it turns out good to my satisfaction.
Name 3 ingredients you consciously avoid or eliminate even when the recipe calls for it?
I try to avoid egg in any cookies or cake since my mom wont eat egg and try to reduce the masala items (cant say particularly).
Name 3 things you have to use in most recipes?
Onion, Tomato, Ginger - Garlic paste.
How important is eating meals together as a family to you?
Its very import, but we find time only while having dinner.
You do not like a particular dish at your favorite restaurant, what will you do?
I will call the Manager or Server and let them know, it is not good.