- Capsicum - 3 (different colors goes well) - cut square shaped
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Briyani Rice - 2.5 cups
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 to 3 (cut lengthwise)
- Ginger - Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Peas - 1/2 cup (optional)
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 4 cups
- Salt - as per taste
- Turmeric - a pinch (optional)
- Wash and soak the rice.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add 1 tsp of oil, capsicums and fry nicely.
- Add the pepper powder, salt and turmeric.
- Sprinkle some water, till the capsicum gets cooked. (It should be little crunchy and do not cook to soft).
- Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tsp oil, and add ginger garlic paste, green chillies and onion.
- Saute them well, till the onion becomes soft.
- Add peas and sprinkle some water again so that peas gets half cooked.
- Meanwhile, drain the soaked rice and add it.
- Add 1 tsp of oil and fry the rice for few min.
- Add 3.5 cups of water and salt.
- Allow to boil, and check the seasoning and close the lid.
- Let it cook for 7 to 10 min. by keeping the flame in sim.
- When the rice gets cooked, add the capsicum and 1 tsp ghee and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with any raitha or any manchurian dishes.
1. Green chillies can be adjusted according to taste, as we are adding pepper also.
2. Some more veggies (carrot, cauliflower etc..) can also be added to it.
3. Try to soak the rice for nearly 15 to 20 min.