How to make Spicy Egg MasalaPreparation time: 30 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves:5
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Eggs - 4
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Cloves - 5
- Star anise - 1
- Fennel seeds - 1/6th tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli - 3
- Onion - 2 big (chopped finely)
- Tomato - 2 big (chopped finely)
- Mustard seeds - 2 pinch
- Urud dal - 1/5th tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Water as needed
1. Boil the eggs. [Inorder to prevent the eggs from breaking while boiling, add a pinch of salt. (This is my MIL tip and I am following it) ].
2. Remove the out skin.
4. Take all the spices, onion and tomato and keep ready.
6. Saute the onions till translucent and add the tomatoes till they becomes mushy.
10. Now add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
You can reduce the spiciness by reducing the red chillies or reducing the pepper while grinding.