So lets see how to make the Spicy Tomato Pulao or Spicy Tamatar Pulao:
How to make Spicy Tomato PulaoSoaking Time: 20 min | Preparation time: 10 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves: 5
Recipe Category: Main Course | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Basmathi Rice - 3 cups
- Water - 4 cups
- Tomato - 4 (medium sized)
- Onion - 2
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Cloves - 6
- Star Anise - 3
- Bay leaves - 2
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- Green chillies - 3
- Fennel Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt - as per taste
2. Grind 4 tomatoes in a food processor and make a tomato sauce and keep aside.
1. If you want mild spiciness, reduce the chilli powder amout or green chillies.
2. Normally Basmati rice and water would be added in the ratio of 1:1.5, but here I reduced the quantity event less, as we grind the tomato into puree and add it.
3. After adding the ghee, give a stir and again close it for a 5 min time, So that the hot steam inside the cooker, makes it to cook finely.