- Raw rice - 2 cups
- Paasi paruppu (Moongdhall) - 1 cup
- Ghee - 5 tsp
- Cashews - few
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper corns - 1 tsp
- Ginger - 1 tsp (chopped nicely)
- Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Salt as per taste
- Water - 7 cups
- Soak the rice and dal for 20 mts atleast.
- Pressure cook the rice and dal with salt and water for 5 whistles.
- Meanwhile, in kadai, add ghee, cumin seeds, pepper corns, curry leaves and keep the contents aside.
- In the same kadai, add the cashews and fry and keep aside.
- Now, open the cooker and add these fried contents to the rice and mix well.
- Serve hot with sambar or chutney.