- Boiled Rice - 3 cups
- Fresh Grated Coconut - 1.5 cup
- Urud dhal/Ulutham Paruppu - 2 tsp
- Channa dhal/Kadalai Paruppu - 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil - 3 tsp
- Red Chilli - 3 to 4
- Green chilli - 2 (chopped nicely)
- Cashews - 7 to 8
- Very finely chopped ginger - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - a handful
- Coriander leaves - few for garnishing
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- In a Kadai, add coconut oil.
- When the oil gets heated up, add the mustard seeds, channa dhal, urud dhall, cumin seeds, curry leaves, red chillies, cashews, finely chopped ginger one by one and fry for few minutes.
- Add the green chillies and the coconut and saute for some more minutes. (may be around 3 to 4 minutes) (take care that coconut not get burnt)
- Now add the salt, asafotida, sugar and then the boiled rice and mix well. (Adding little sugar, enhances the taste, since we are not adding the coconut milk in this version of coconut rice)
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve hot.
This recipe goes to the events
Dish Name Starts with C : DNSW C
Complete my Thali - Rice by Priya and Jagruthi