- Aval/Rice flakes/Poha - 1 cup
- Hot water - 1 cup
- Mustard - a pinch
- Urud dhal - 1/2 tsp
- Channa dhal - 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies - 2 to 3 (Chopped finely)
- Onion - 1 (Chopped finely)
- Turmeric powder - 2 pinch (Optional)
- Curry Leaves - few
- Coriander leaves - few
- Oil - 2 to 3 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- In a bowl, put rice flakes and pinch of salt and pour the hot water.
- Keep it just for 1 minute.
- Filter the water out and keep the rice flakes alone separately so that it dries.
- Meanwhile, in a pan or kadai, add the oil, and when it is hot, add the mustard seeds, dhalls, green chillies, curry leaves and onion and saute till the onion becomes tender.
- Now add in the rice flakes and mix well, by adding the turmeric powder and salt.
- Garnish with coriander seeds and serve hot.
1. You cannot use the very flattened rice flakes, as it get dissolved in hot water.
2. Try to use a thicker rice flakes