- Aval/Rice flakes/Poha – 1 cup
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Mustard – a pinch
- Urud dhal – 1/2 tsp
- Channa dhal – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies – 2 to 3 (Chopped finely)
- Onion – 1 (Chopped finely)
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinch (Optional)
- Curry Leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Oil – 2 to 3 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- In a bowl, put rice flakes and pinch of salt and pour the hot water.
- Keep it just for 1 minute.
- Filter the water out and keep the rice flakes alone separately so that it dries.
- Meanwhile, in a pan or kadai, add the oil, and when it is hot, add the mustard seeds, dhalls, green chillies, curry leaves and onion and saute till the onion becomes tender.
- Now add in the rice flakes and mix well, by adding the turmeric powder and salt.
- Garnish with coriander seeds and serve hot.
1. You cannot use the very flattened rice flakes, as it get dissolved in hot water.
2. Try to use a thicker rice flakes