- Vaalai Karuvadu - 10 Pieces
- Tomato - 1 (crushed)
- Onion - 2 (cut into length pieces)
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Prawn Sambal Chilli paste - 2 tsp
- Tamarind Juice - 4 tsp
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Salt - if needed
- Wash the salted fish and soak in water for 10 to15 min.
- Remove the bone inside and keep aside.
- In a pan, add 1 tsp oil, half the onion, and red chillies, curry leaves and saute till nicely till the raw smell of the onion goes off.
- Remove from heat and grind in the mixer till smooth paste.
- Now in the same pan, add another 2 tsp of oil, onion, tomato and saute well.
- Add in the karuvadu/salted fish and little water and cook it.
- Add in the grind paste and sambal paste and tamarind juice and cook it.
- Now add in the sugar and salt if needed.
- Cook well till the oil floats on the gravy and switch off.
- Serve it hot as a side dish for rice or any kind of roti etc.
This goes to my Event: Dish Name Starts with K