Pomfret is a easy to do and tasty fish. Even cooks very fastly. After coming here, I have never tried this fish at home. Since got bored of usual fishes and chicken, tried the pomfret fry today and it came out very good and tasty. Today we are going to see the simple and easy Pomfret Fry.
- Pomfret - 1 fish
- Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - as per taste ( I used 1/2 tsp)
- Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
- Rice flour - 1 tsp
- Rawa/Sooji - 1 tsp
- Oil - for frying
- Tomato, Onion, Grated carrot, coriander leaves and Lemon.
- Wash the fish nicely.
- Make slits as shown on the fish body.
- Mix the ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, balck pepper, salt.
- To this add the lemon juice and make a paste.
- Marinate the fish with this paste. Put the paste inside the slits made. Let it rest for 30 mts.
- In another bowl, mix the rice flour and rawa and sprinkle on the marinated fish.
- In a pan, add little oil and fry the fish on both sides, till it becomes brown color or until fish gets cooked.
- Garnish with the ingredients mentioned under Garnishing.
- Pomfret fry is ready to be served.
Sending this to Seafood Feast @ My Spicy Kitchen