As always love the Eggless version of the cakes. This one is definitely a must try one. I mostly followed the same step as of Banana Walnut cake and the result was simply amazing. This version is not much sweeter, as I dont like too much sweet. Next planning to try more sweeter version, by adding more dates.
- Dates – 1 packet (200gms)
- Milk – 1/2 cup (more or less)
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- Sugar – 3/4 cup (if dates are very sweet can reduce the sugar quantity)
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Almonds – 2 tsp (crushed)
- Remove seeds from dates, wash and soak the Dates in hot milk for 1/2 hour.
- With 4 or 5 tsp milk, grind the dates to a smooth paste first.
- Later add the remaining milk and give a one more grind.
- In a big bowl, add the all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder and sift nicely, so that all flours are mixed properly.
- In another bowl, transfer the dates paste from mixier grinder and add sugar and mix well.
- Add this sugar – dates paste to the flour mix.
- Mix them thoroughly, without any lumps. If thick, can add 2 tsp of milk.
- To this add the oil and mix gently. (do not over mix)
- Preheat the oven with 180 deg C.
- Dust the baking tray with oil and then with all purpose flour, so that cake does not stick to the bottom.
- Pour the dates-flour mix to the tray
- ( Optional ) Add crushed almond pieces on top for decoration. ( I forgot to mix it along with the mixture. So added at the top ).
- After 40 min, insert a toothstick and check it comes out clean. Take out the cake from oven and let it cool down.
- Cut the cake and serve.
- Yummy delicious cake is ready to eat
- Replacing almonds with walnuts would be a better option too.
- You can increase the quantity of sugar, if you want more sweet cake.