Lima beans Curry Recipe:
Preparation time: 15 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves: 4
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Lima beans - 1.5 cups ( Fresh or canned) I used fresh.
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 1 big
- Tomato - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 3/4 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut - 2 tbsp (grated) + 4 tbsp water
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 3/4 tsp ( or as needed )
1. Remove the seed from the fresh lima beans and through the skin. Wash the seeds and keep ready.
2. Make a paste with coconut and keep it ready.
4. When the cumin seeds splutter, add in the onion, ginger garlic paste and salt. Saute till, the onions becomes translucent.
6. Add in the chilli powder and coriander powder.
8. Now addin the fresh lima beans and mix it. If you need add little water for cooking at this stage.
10. Close the lid and pressure cook it for 2 whistles. When the pressure went down, open lid and check whether the beans is cooked. By this time, the oil would be leaving the sides.
1. Added the ginger garlic paste, to increase the spiciness and to get little ginger taste
2. The original recipe, goes with grinding of coconut with garlic. Since I used the ginger garlic paste, I just added the coconut paste.