Yesterday was my third blog anniversary and woke up early to prepare this and post. But could not edit and post yesterday itself, so posting it today. Now to the Rava Kesari Recipe….
How to make Rava Kesari
Preparation time: 10 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves:3
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Rava / Semolina / Sooji – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cashews – 10 to 15
Raisins – 10 to 15
Cardamom / Elaichi – 3 (crushed)
1. Take 1 cup of rava and 1 tsp of ghee and fry it. When the rava becomes light golden colour as shown below, remove from the stove and keep aside. Mix a pinch of orange colour with 2 tsp of water and keep it ready to mix later. Fry the cashews and raisins with 1 tsp ghee till golden brown and keep ready.
2. Take another pan and add water and let it boil. When the water starts bubbling, reduce the heat and star adding the rawa slowly. Take care that bubbles may splash. So keep in low flame and do the mixing. The rawa gets to thicken. Add the sugar now and leaves some more water.
3. Add the kesari colour (orange or any colour) now and mix thoroughly. Add in the crushed cardamon and mix.
4. Add the ghee and the fried cashews and raisins and mix.
5. Hot Rava Kesari is now ready to be served.
If you want you can cool it down, make into desired shapes and save it.