Chicken Gravy - This is a simple chicken gravy which is my moms special. Everyone's first Guru in cooking would be their mother only. I always love my mom's chicken gravy very much, as this is not only tasty one but also, very easy one to prepare. This is my first chicken dish, which I learnt from my mother after the marriage (before I only know to eat... he he he....). So newly married bride and bachelors can try this recipe easily. So lets see how to make this chicken gravy / madras chicken gravy.
You can view some of the chicken recipes below
Chettinad pepper chicken
Country chicken biryani
Chicken franks in Indian style
Chicken Cashew Gravy
How to make Simple Chicken GravyIngredients
Chicken - 1/2 kg
Sunflower Oil - 3 tsp
Cinnamon stick - 1 to 2 inch crushed
Cloves - few
Star anise - few
Cardamom - 1
Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
Onion - 1 big - chopped nicely
Tomato - 2 medium sized
Chilli powder - 1.5 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp ( or as per taste)
Coconut milk - 2 tbsp
Gingelly oil - 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves - few
1. Wash the chicken with salt and keep aside.
2. In a kadai, add sunflower oil. When it is hot, add the spices, cinnamon stick, cardamom, star anise, cloves, fennel seeds. Fry them a little.
4. Add the tomatoes now and saute them.
7. Now add the chicken pieces and coat them well with the masala. Allow to cook them in low flame.
10. Add little coriander at this stage, so that the flavor gets mixed with chicken.
12. After 10 min, check the gravy has become thick and that, the oil leaves from the sides.
13. Now add the coconut milk and mix it. (optional)
15. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve them.
16. Yummy and simple chicken gravy is ready.