Recipes in Alphabetical Order
- Starting with A
- Starting with B
- Starting with C
- Starting with D
- Starting with E
- Starting with F
- Starting with G
- Starting with H
- Starting with I
- Starting with J
- Starting with K
- Starting with L
- Starting with M
- Starting with N
- Starting with O
- Starting with P
- Starting with Q
- Starting with R
- Starting with S
- Starting with T
- Starting with U
- Starting with V
- Starting with W
- Starting with X
- Starting with Y
- Starting with Z
Want to know about me
Saturday, April 2, 2016
Garlic Tomato Chicken Roast... Do you feel the name is different?? Yes I too thought the same, when I first saw the recipe here. Since it looks simple and I love the garlic flavor, I thought I can give a try to the recipe and bookmarked the recipe. Finally last Sunday, I took the recipe as a base and slightly modified according to my family taste. It came out good and everyone in our family loved it. So here goes the tasty and yummy Garlic Tomato Chicken Roast Recipe.
Here are the other chicken recipes for you to check..
Preparation time: 20 min (+1 hr marination) | Cook Time: 50 min | Serves: 5
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Chicken - 1/2 kg
Garlic cloves - 20 cloves (with or without skin)
Tomato - 2 tomatoes (pureed)
Chilli powder - 3/4 tbsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tbsp
Garam masala powder- 1/4 tsp
Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Oil - 4 tbsp
Coriander leaves - for garnishing
To temper (Optional)
Cinnamon stick - 1
Cloves - 3 to 4
Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 spring
Star anise - 1
Method to prepare Garlic Tomato Chicken
1. Crush the garlic nicely. (you can use your mortar or food processor to do so). Keep it ready. Now wash the chicken to remove the smell. (How to remove the poultry smell from chicken). Let the water drain out. Now add the mentioned powders and salt and mix well.
2. Add the ginger paste and the crushed garlic cloves. Mix them thoroughly and let it rest for 1 hr.
3. Add 2 tbsp oil and add the tempering items and fry for a minute. Then add the chicken pieces and start cooking. Cover and cook it.
4. The chicken leaves out water and let the chicken cook by its own water. It might take around 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile puree the tomato and add it to the chicken. Again close and cook. Now and then mix the chicken and also check if chicken has water or else it gets burn at the bottom.
5. Now add the remaining 2 tbsp oil and cook it. No need to add water. Keep stirring the chicken. Finally add the coriander leaves and switch off the stove.
6. Serve the chicken with plain rice or as a side dish.
Yummy and tasty Garlic Tomato Chicken Roast is ready.
1. All the tempering items are optional. I added for our family taste. The original recipe, doesn't call for the tempering items.
2. If you feel, chicken not cooked properly, then add slight water. Do not add more.
3. After adding the oil for the second time, do not close and cook. Keep it open and cook.
Subscribe Now: Feed Icon
Page Protected By
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Mango Kalakhand Recipe
- Mango Raita | Aam ka Raita | Mango Recipes
- Rava Bread Toast | Sooji Toast | Indian Bread Toas...
- Paneer and Jeera Pulao | Indian Pulao Recipes
- Garlic Bread Recipe | Bread Toast Recipes
- Mushroom Matar Curry | Mushroom Green Peas Curry R...
- Cheese Chilli Toast | Indian Bread Toast Recipes |...
- Kadai Prawns Recipe | Indian Prawn Recipes
- Sugar Bread Toast | Indian Bread Toast Recipes
- Garlic Tomato Chicken Roast | Chicken Recipes | Su...
- ▼ April (10)
- ► 2015 (57)
- ► 2014 (58)
- ► 2013 (90)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (70)