Ginger Chicken Fry
Chicken - 1/2 kg
Ginger - 2 inch (chopped finely)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Tomato chilli Sauce - 2 tbsp
Red food coloring - 1 or 2 pinch
Oil - 4 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Water - for sprinkling
Soya sauce - 1 tbsp
Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Corn flour - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Water - 2 tbsp
Onion - 1 big
Green chilli - 2
Curry leaves - 2 springs
Coriander leaves - 1 handfull
1. Wash the chicken well and add soya sauce, vinegar, corn flour and salt and mix them together. Let them marinate for an hour.
2. Take the ingredients under to Grind and grind them to a paste using a food processor. (Do not add ginger while grinding. We are going to add in the next step)
3. In a vessel or kadai or a wide pan, add oil and sauté the chicken until it gets cooked with its own water. Add the chopped Ginger pieces and sauté them. When they got mixed up well, add the ginger garlic paste and sauté them.
4. Add the ground paste now and cook the chicken by sprinkling little water. ( should be around 1 or 2 tbsp only)
5. When the chicken are almost done, add pepper powder and mix well. Then add the tomato sauce and red food coloring and toss the chicken well. Chicken should be well coated with the sauce and coloring.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it.
1. Adding food color is purely optional. Since it gives nice color, I have added it.
2. Adding tomato chilli sauce is also optional, but it gives the tangy and sweet taste to the fry.
3. You can even fry the chicken with butter, it increases the flavor.