Beans Paruppu Usili is one of the recipe which I learnt after coming to blogging. I have tasted this only in hotels and have liked it but never thought I should prepare at home and don’t know why. Two months back, while browsing for U recipes, got this recipe and first time I did in my life. Everyone in my family loved it a lot and it was a great hit in our family and my kids even asked one more time. I was so happy I tried this finally. This is easy and simple recipe and you can do it in any kind of beans. Lets see how to make this yummy and healthy Beans Paruppu Usili Recipe.
How to make Beans Paruppu Usili Recipe
Preparation time: 30 min | Cook Time: 10min | Serves:4
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Bean – 150 gms
- Water – as needed for cooking beans
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – a pinch
- Bengal gram – 1/2 cup
- Toor dal – 1/2 cup
- Green chilles – 2
- Asafoeditda – a pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 2 pinch
- Urud dal – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
1. Soak bengal gram and toor dal for an hour. After that, change to food processor or mixer.
2. Add the salt, cumin seeds, green chillies, asafoetida and grind to a coarse paste. (if you want add just 1 tsp of water from the soaked water.)
3. Take the idli plates and grease it with little oil, as we do it for idlis. Fill the ground paste in this and steam it for 10 min. Remove it from the idli plates and let it cool down completely. After cooling down, just crumble the steamed grams and keep aside.
4. In the mean time, wash and cut the beans in to small as shown below.
5. In a bowl, add water, beans and a pinch of turmeric powder and salt and let the beans cook fully.
6. In a another pan, add oil, and when hot, add the mustard seeds, urud dal, and when the mustard seeds splutter, add the curry leaves and fry for a minute. Add the crumbled dal and mix it.
7. Add the cooked beans and mix them well. Beans Paruppu Usili is ready to be served.
Yummy and healthy Bean Paruppu Usili is ready. A Tasty accompaniment for Rasam Rice or Sambar Rice.