Here we go for the recipe….
- Eggs – 4 or 5
- Onion – 1 big (chop finely)
- Tomato – 1 big (cut into fine pieces)
- Green Chillies – 2 (cut finely)
- Ginger – garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinch
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- White pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Chat Masala – as per the wish (I used 4 to 5 pinch)
- Salt – as per taste
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Oil – 1 tsp
- In a flat bottomed pan (better if non stick), add 1 tsp oil.
- When oil is hot, add the onion and saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add the tomato, ginger – garlic paste and green chillies, curry leaves and saute well till, the tomato becomes soft.
- Now add the chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Smash the tomatoes and let it cook for 2 to 3 min.
- Add the garam masala and mix well.
- Take care that it is not sticking to the bottom.
- It should not be too thick or too watery. If the tomato paste becomes thick, sprikle little water and mix well.
- By this time, the oil starts to come out.
- Now break and add the eggs into the mixture one by one slowly.
- Now sprinkle, the pepper powder, chilli powder, chat masala, little salt and coriander leaves.
- Cover with a lid and wait for 3 to 5 min.
- Now open the lid and try to shake the pan a bit, and if the egg not shaking, then Egg Balchao is done.
- If it is little bit shaking also, cover the lid again and cook for another 2 min.
- The harder part of the upper egg part and the juicy bottom part of the Egg cake would taste fabulous.
- Taste great when Egg Balchao is hot.
You can use crushed black pepper also, as per your taste