How to make Sura Puttu
Preparation time: 30 min | Cook Time: 10min | Serves:5
Recipe Category: Side Dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Shark / Sura meen – 1/2 kg
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds – a pinch
- Urud Dal – 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Green chillies – 3 (chopped finely)
- Onion – 2 big (chopped finely)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
1. Cook the shark with 1/4 tsp Salt and 1.5 cup of water in a pressure cooker. keep it for 2 whistles and switch off immediately. After cooking remove from cooker and Slightly squeeze out the excess water.
2. Allow it to dry and scramble the shark with hand or a spatula and keep aside.
3. In a vessel, add oil and oil is hot, add the mustard seeds, urud dal, channa dal, curry leaves and green chillies, one by one and fry a min.
4. Add the onion and salt and saute well.
5. Add in the ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder and saute again till the raw smell of ginger garlic goes off.
6. Add in the Shark and mix well and keep on frying for another 5 min.
7. Serve hot as a side dish or eat as it is as I do.
This goes to my event – Dish name starts with S