- Rice Sevai – 3 cups
- Mustard seeds – a pinch
- Urud dhall – 1/2 tsp
- Bengal gram – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 3 (chopped finely)
- Onion – 1 (big) (chopped finely)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Corinader leaves for garnishing
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Water as required
- Salt as needed
- Boil the water with little salt and switch off the stove.
- Add the rice sevai immediately to the boiled water and close it for 5 mts.
- Open the lid and filter out all the water and keep aside.
- Now in a kadai, add oil.
- When it is hot, add mustard seeds, urud dhall, bengal gram.
- When the seeds splutter, add the onion, green chillies, curry leaves and cook till the onion becomes transparent.
- Add the turmeric powder and salt.
- Add the sevai and mix well till the sevai changes its colour to yellow.
- Now add the lemon juice, mix again and switch off the stove.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Can be eaten as it is or can have even the pickle as the side dish.
[Note: Take the water quantity such that, all the sevai gets fully immersed in water]