- Carrot – 2 (grated)
- Onion – 1 small (chopped finely)
- Ginger – 1″ piece (chopped finely)
- Garlic – 5 cloves(chopped finely)
- Red chilli – 3
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds – a pinch
- Urud Dhall – 1/4 tsp
- In a kadai, add 2tsp of oil, onion, garlic, ginger, red chilli and curry leaves.
- Saute untill the onion becomes brown.
- Add the grated carrot and cook well till the raw smell goes off.
- Transfer this content to the blender or mixer grinder adding required salt and blend well to a fine paste.
- In a small pan, add 1tsp of oil, mustard seeds and urud dhall and curry leaves.
- In a bowl, add the carrot paste and the above thallipu and mix well.
- Serve as a side dish for idli or dosa.