- Urud dhall – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 big ( chopped finely )
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp (grounded)
- Green chillies – 3 (chopped finely)
- Coriander leaves – few
- Asafoetida – 1/8 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying
- Soak Urud dhall for 2 hrs
- In the wet grinder, add the urud dhall adding no water or very less water and grind to a paste.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Heat the oil in the pan in medium flame.
- Now take the paste and keep in your palm. Now put a hole in the middle of the paste and slowly put into the oil. [ if you cannot put hole in your palm or it is not coming correctly, then you put the paste into the oil and with a knife put a hole in the middle of the vada. while doing this, keep the flame to minimum and be careful and concentrate ]
- When the vada becomes slight brown colour, take them out and filter the oil with a tissue paper.
- Serve hot