- Pavakkai/Bitterguard/Karela – 1/4 kg
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1.5 tsp ( can be adjusted according to your taste)
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Besan – 1 stp
- Corn flour – 1.5 tsp
- Rice flour – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Vinegar – 1/2 tsp ( or lemon juice)
- Ajinamoto – a pinch
- Curry leaves for garnishing
- Oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients except curry leaves and oil.
- If you need water, slightly sprinkle on it.
- Allow to marinate for about an hour.
- Fry in oil in small batches. (the oil must be very hot)
- Fry the curry leaves in the same oil and garnish the bitterguard fry
- Serve hot.