Mushroom soup is one of my favorite and easy to prepare recipe…. In my office canteen, they used to sell the soups like corn soup, vegetable soup and mushroom soup. They grind the mushroom and it will be very thick. But I want to have it as slices and prepared in the same method and added extra water, to suit our taste and the end result was perfect with nither very thick nor a clear soup and our family liked that consistency. Here is the thick mushroom soup recipe.
- Button mushrooms – sliced.
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 1 (chopped finely)
- Maggi Vegetable stock – 3 tsp
- Water – 1/2 litre or as needed
- Milk – 5 tsp
- Corn starch – 2 tsp + 4 tsp water
- Salt as needed
- White pepper – 1/4 tsp
2. In a pan, add olive oil and saute the mushrooms a little.
6. To this add milk.
8. Now foam starts foamimg. Slightly remove the layer of foam as shown and the soup starts thickening.
9. Now check for salt. (My vegetable stock has salt included and i didnt add it)
10. Delicious mushroom soup is ready to be served.
- Butter can be used instead of olive oil to increase the flavor.