- All purpose flour/Maida – 2 cups
- Ravai/Sooji/Semoline – 2 tsp
- Cardamom crushed – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Butter – 1 cup/1 stick (I used salted at room temperature)
- Sugar – 1.5 cups
- Pistachios – crushed
- Preheat the oven to 150 deg Celcious.
- Add the Maida in a bowl.
- To this add the rawa, cardamom, baking soda.
- Mix/Sift them well.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the butter-sugar mix to the Mixed flour or vice versa.
- Mix well to form a dough.
- Take small portions of the dough and arrange it in the baking tray with gaps inbetween.
- Make small cuts in the top of the balls and just put some crushed pistachios and press gently.
- Repeat the process for all balls.
- Now keep in oven for 20 to 25 min in the middle rack.
- When they slightly start changing its colour, take out from oven and allow to cool for 5 min.
- Serve the Nankhatai is a bowl or plate.
- Can be preserved if kept in a airtight container. But mine got over by the same day.
1). addition of 2 tsp of gram flour to the above recipe
2). 1 cup all purpose flour and 1 cup wheat flour instead 2 cups of APF.
3). 2 cups APF, baking soda and cardamom powder alone and no rawa.
So you may try any of the version and let me know ur comments.