- Bittergourd – 4
- Onion – 1
- Mustard seeds – a pinch
- Urud dal – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies – 2
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Little water (optional)
- Wash and cut bitter gourd and onion in to small pieces.
- In a kadai, add 1 tsp oil, and when hot add mustard seeds, urud dal and fry till urud dal becoms light brown.
- Add onion, red chillies and curry leaves.
- When onion becomes translucent, add the bitter gourd and start frying it.
- After 5min, sprinkle little water. (Do not add more). Add required salt to taste.
- Add another 1 tsp oil, fry and add turmeric powder and close the kadai with a lid.
- Stir the bitter gourd, in 2 minutes interval and take care not to over fry it.
- Check whether the bitter gourd are cooked, by smashing one piece in hand.
- When cooked, switch off, and serve it as a side dish for Rasam Rice or Sambar rice.
This goes to my event
Dish Name Starts with P