- Basmati Rice – 3 cups
- Water – 4.5 cups + 1/4th cup
- Mint leaves – 1 bunch
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Onion – 1 big (cut lenthwise)
- Green Chillies – 4
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Oil – 3tsp
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 crushed
- Star anise – 2
- Bayleaves – 1 (crushed)
- Fennel Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cloves – 3 to 4
- Cardamom – 1
- Soak the rice for 20 to 30 min.
- Wash the Mint leaves.
- In a mixer grinder/food processor, add the mint leaves and green chilies and with little water (1/4th cup), make a paste.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and the ingredients under Temper, one by one and fry for a min.
- Add the Onion and fry till translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the mint paste and salt and cook for 5 min approx.
- Add the soaked rice and water.
- When the water starts boiling, close the cooker lid (no need to put weight), and keep in low flame.
- After 10 to 12 min, slowly open the lid and add the ghee.
- Switch off the flame.
- Mix gently and again close for another 5 min.
- Serve hot with raita.
This goes to my event
Dish Name Starts with P