With some of my left over idli's i tried this idli 65 and it came out very well. I used the same procedure which i used for my Prawn 65. Kids will surely love it. When i served to my father, and asked him to guess what it is, he could not identify it. He simply said it is nice and asked me whether it is some dish with paneer. Then i told him, it is idli 65 with left over idli's he was really surprised. He appreciated me for not wasting the idli's and not doing the same old idli upma.
- Fresh or Left over Idli's - 5 to 6
- Rice flour - 1 tsp
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/4 tsp
- Red Color - a pinch (optional)
- Coriander powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Corn flour - 1 tbp
- Maida flour/all purpose flour - 1 tsp
- Salt - acc to taste
- Oil - for frying
- Curry leaves - few
- Coriander leaves - few
- Cut the idli's into cubical shape or square shape.
- Heat a kadai with little oil and add the idli's and turmeric powder and cook them until they become soft.
- In a Plate add the ginger garlic paste, soy sauce, vinegar, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt, red food color, corn flour, maida flour and rice flour and mix them well.
- Add the idli to this mixture and leave it for atleast 15 to 20 mts to get marinated.
- Now heat oil in the kadai and fry the idli's in small batches.
- Finally fry some curry leaves and add to the fried idli's.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with tomato sauce.
Sending to the following Wonderful events
1. My event - Celebrating Independence Day - 2010
2. Scrumptious delights from leftovers by Padmaja
3. Only event - Kids delight by Pari