- Left over idli’s – 6
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinch
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Corn flour – 2 tsp
- Maida flour/All purpose flour – 2 tsp
- Rice flour – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Red color powder – a pinch
- Salt as needed (dont add much salt, as soy sauce contains salt)
For Deep Frying
- Oil – as needed for deep frying
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Onion – 2 (cut into big square pieces)
- Capsicum?bell pepper – 1 (cut in to square shape)
- Green chillies – 3 (Cut lengthwise)
- Spring Onions – 1 bunch (chopped finely)
- Ginger – 1 inch (chopped finely)
- Garlic – 5 cloves (Chopped finely)
- Tomato sauce – 2 tsp
- Chilli sauce – 2 tsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1/4 tsp (if you use sweet chilli sauce, no need to add sugar)
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Cut the idli’s in square shapes.
- In a kadai, add the ingredients under the Frying and fry the idli’s for 5 minutes.
- Keep it aside.
- Prepare the batter with the ingredients given under the For Batter.
- Dip the fried idli’s in the batter and deep fry them in the oil till they turn reddish colour. (Dont overburn them)
- Filter the oil using the kitchen tissue paper.
- In another pan, add the ingredients given under Munchurian topic one by one as per given order.
- If the gravy becomes thick, sprinkle little water over them and finally add the deep fried idli’s and mix them well until the gravy coats the idli’s well.
- Garnish with some spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Serve them hot.