- Left over idli's - 6
- Turmeric powder - 2 pinch
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Corn flour - 2 tsp
- Maida flour/All purpose flour - 2 tsp
- Rice flour - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Red color powder - a pinch
- Salt as needed (dont add much salt, as soy sauce contains salt)
- Oil - as needed for deep frying
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Onion - 2 (cut into big square pieces)
- Capsicum?bell pepper - 1 (cut in to square shape)
- Green chillies - 3 (Cut lengthwise)
- Spring Onions - 1 bunch (chopped finely)
- Ginger - 1 inch (chopped finely)
- Garlic - 5 cloves (Chopped finely)
- Tomato sauce - 2 tsp
- Chilli sauce - 2 tsp
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp (if you use sweet chilli sauce, no need to add sugar)
- Curry leaves - few
- Coriander leaves - few
- Cut the idli's in square shapes.
- In a kadai, add the ingredients under the Frying and fry the idli's for 5 minutes.
- Keep it aside.
- Prepare the batter with the ingredients given under the For Batter.
- Dip the fried idli's in the batter and deep fry them in the oil till they turn reddish colour. (Dont overburn them)
- Filter the oil using the kitchen tissue paper.
- In another pan, add the ingredients given under Munchurian topic one by one as per given order.
- If the gravy becomes thick, sprinkle little water over them and finally add the deep fried idli's and mix them well until the gravy coats the idli's well.
- Garnish with some spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Serve them hot.
Sending this to the following events
1. My event - Celebrating Independence Day - 2010
2. Scrumptious Delights from Leftovers by PJ.
3. Visual treat by Sanyukta.