- Boiled Milk - 2 cups
- Javvarisi (Sago) - 1/4 cup
- Semiya (vermicelli) - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - According to taste
- Cardamom pods - 5 to 6 (crushed)
- Cashews - 8 to 10
- Raisins - 8 to 10
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Salt - a pinch
- Ghee - 2 to 3 tsp
- In a small pan, fry the vermicelli in 1 tsp ghee, till it becomes, light brown and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, 1 tsp ghee and again fry the cashews and raisins and keep aside.
- In a vessel, add water and put the sago (javvarisi) and add a pinch of salt and let it cook. (it becomes transparent).
- Now add the fried vermicelli and when it is 3/4th cooked, add the boiled milk and the sugar.
- Add the cashews, raisins and the cardamom pods and mix well and serve hot.