- Boiled Milk – 2 cups
- Javvarisi (Sago) – 1/4 cup
- Semiya (vermicelli) – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – According to taste
- Cardamom pods – 5 to 6 (crushed)
- Cashews – 8 to 10
- Raisins – 8 to 10
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Salt – a pinch
- Ghee – 2 to 3 tsp
- In a small pan, fry the vermicelli in 1 tsp ghee, till it becomes, light brown and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, 1 tsp ghee and again fry the cashews and raisins and keep aside.
- In a vessel, add water and put the sago (javvarisi) and add a pinch of salt and let it cook. (it becomes transparent).
- Now add the fried vermicelli and when it is 3/4th cooked, add the boiled milk and the sugar.
- Add the cashews, raisins and the cardamom pods and mix well and serve hot.