Hi my all friends. Today is Pongal and I wish you all a very happy and prosperous pongal.
Though the day is busy, found little time to post one of my favorite recipe - Pasta Payasam. You can do it with any kind of pasta, but with shell pasta, i feel it tastes heavenly. Here comes the recipe....
- Shell Pasta / Macroni - 2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 can
- Salt - 1 to 2 pinch
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cashews - few
- Raisins - few
- Saffron Strands - few
- Boil the water and put the pasta, salt, ghee and bring to boil.
- The pasta should be half to 3/4th cooked.
- Now add the condensed milk and stir continously.
- Add the cardamom powder and saffron.
- When the pasta is fully cooked, switch off.
- Separately, fry the cashews and raisins in ghee and put in pasta payasam and mix well.
- Garnish with some more saffrons.